Documents for Return

As you complete your Form 13614-C Intake Interview & Quality Review Sheet, you will get a better idea of what documents you may need. Here is a partial list of some of the most common.

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)*
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents*
    An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return*
  • Wage and earning statements, including distributions from retirement accounts (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-NEC, 1099-Misc)
  • Interest, dividend and distribution statements from banks, brokerages, pensions, annuities, etc. (Forms 1099)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements. Taxpayers insured through the ACA marketplace will need to document their Premium Tax Credit receipts.
  • Distributions from and contributions to a Health Savings Account.
  • Expenses related to self-employment.
  • Higher Education scholarships and expenses (tuition, books, etc.) (Form 1098 T).
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check. To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
  • Medical Expenses and Health Insurance premiums.**
  • Mortgage statements.**
  • Gambling Winnings and Losses**
  • Stimulus payments (sent out February 2021, $1400 per person)
  • Advance Child Tax Credit payments